John Lolley, PE has been providing structural, civil, coastal engineering and permitting services to the island of Martha’s Vineyard for over 25 years. In that time, he has built a strong reputation by working closely with town Building Inspectors, well established architects and designers, general contractors, and builders.
As your engineer, we will provide detailed construction drawings designed in accordance to current Massachusetts and International Codes (IBC/IRC 2015 and 780 CMR). We design to the highest standards using top of the line design tools and software such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, and TEDDS structural design software to minimize materials, design costs, and construction time and to maximize efficiency and savings to the clients.
Our structural design services include analysis and design of system components to insure performance under FEMA and MA building code loading conditions for the most economical design. The types of buildings for which our company provides services are residential, commercial, institutional and historic. Structural upgrades and/or additions are also included in our scope of work. We provide structural supporting and bracing design for equipment such as HVAC systems, solar, etc.
Our civil design services include site feasibility studies and reports, grading, street and parking facilities engineering and design, upgrade and retrofit existing facilities, as well as other various civil engineering specialties as listed below:
- Retaining/foundation wall analysis and design
- Soil stability inspections
- Water Resources
- Storm-water management (retention and bio-retention basins, swale design, storm- water runoff, and catch basin design
- Flood hazard area design (See FEMA information)
- Water treatment system design
- Oil/grease separator design
- Pier inspection and design/repair
- Shore protection systems
- Coastal seawall designs
- Services to contractors, architects, and property owners
- Due diligence evaluation to locate and assess structural problems before signature of Purchase and Sales agreements
- Obtain and complete permits required to meet the needs of your specific project, including such permits as building permits, special permits, permits required by the Army Core of Engineers, Martha’s Vineyard Conservation Commission, etc.
- Expert witness and litigation
* If your service needed is not listed, please contact us.